IntelliChoice Home Care is currently seeking to fill the position of full-time (40hrs/wk) I/DD Services Qualified professional to lead a team responsible for providing support to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities while ensuring quality service provision. The I/DD QP is an active member of the team that is collectively responsible for all aspects of service provision for an assigned group of service recipients.
Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, as s/he will also have contact with a myriad of people, both in person and by phone, including individuals served, employees, individuals from the business community, and other agencies such as DSS and the local MHDDSAS LME/MCO. Must possess strong leadership skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field, and a minimum of four years of full-time, post-bachelor degree experience working with the I/DD population. OR a bachelor’s degree in a non-related field and a minimum of six years full-time, post-bachelor degree experience working with the I/DD population.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience, preferably in the human services industry.
- Professional level knowledge of federal and state assistance programs for IDD population.
- Knowledgeable in case management principles, procedures, and practices.
- Considerable knowledge of intellectual/developmental disabilities, mental health and co-disorders.
- Knowledgeable in crisis intervention principles and practices.
- Demonstrates adaptability to performing a variety of duties, occasionally changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to present ideas effectively, in both oral and written form.
- Ability to comprehend and follow oral and/or written directions.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict between dissenting parties.
- Working knowledge of the behavioral sciences and allied disciplines involved in the evaluation, care and treatment of people with intellectual & developmental disabilities, mental health and co-occurring disorders.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Provide supervision and guidance to I/DD employees within a region as it relates to coordinating and providing quality services.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with area programs and other collaborating agencies.
- Ensure that services are provided in a manner consistent with IntelliChoice's goals.
- Develop short-term goals that are functional and measurable with task analysis and methodology based on long-term goals outlined in treatment plans prior to the implementation of the plan.
- Ensure authorizations are submitted in a timely manner to maintain on-going service provisions.
- Complete quarterly progress reports and submit to area program.
- Member of audit team; complete internal audits as requested/scheduled.
- Advocate on behalf of those served and their families to ensure needed services are provided.
- Clinically review data and billing to ensure the PCP and data correspond.
- Lead monthly supervision meetings with staff to ensure that they are aware of any changes in policies, standards, practices and current events as it relates to their job duties.
- Complete and submit monthly supervisions to Human Resources.
- Review Incident reports and submit to Human Rights Committee.
- On-call for crisis services on evenings and weekends as scheduled in the local office.
- Ensure performance improvement measures are implemented and meeting threshold; i.e. medical record audits in full compliance and recommendations for corrective actions completed.
- Implement program standard operating procedures; i.e. billing, timesheets, payroll, work schedules, other documentation, etc. and ensure such standards are followed by staff.
- Ensure staff report to work as scheduled.
- Complete yearly performance evaluations and required paperwork on each staff member supervised in accordance with IntelliChoice policies.
- Ensure that providers are knowledgeable of and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Participate in company committees; attend staff meetings; stay informed of company issues.
- Monitor to ensure services have been initiated and maintained with respect to recruiting and hiring the most appropriate providers;
- Responsible for ensuring HR compliance for all employees for whom they are responsible (training requirements, vehicle info, etc.).
- Monitor progress notes to ensure they are of sufficient quantity and quality, i.e. billable notes.
- Maintain certifications per supervisor’s request for CPR, First Aid, NCI.
- Participate in all MCO and State reviews of programs when necessary.
- Represent IntelliChoice in community activities, e.g. public relations, speaking engagements, presentations, etc.
- Participate in interagency council meetings, provider meetings, and other area program events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 2 years
- management: 2 years
- intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD): 4 years