IntelliChoice Home Care is seeking a motivated, clinically driven and focused Registered Nurse to become our Clinical Director for our Charlotte, NC location. This a leadership position that requires overall supervision of all clinical aspects of the office operations. We are looking for an experienced home care clinician that wants to grow with our company and drive clinical excellence.
IntelliChoice Home Care provides hourly nursing care to critically complex case in the home. We specialize in Tracheostomy and/or Ventilator dependent patients, with a focus on improved clinical outcomes with a comprehensive approach to total patient care.
Clinical Director - Registered Nurse – Home Care
The Clinical Director manages the clinical component of the Agency in the provision of care and services according to professional standards of clinical practice, consistent with IntelliChoice Home Care policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations and accrediting agency Standards.
Performs duties with latitude for the exercise of independent judgment under general supervision. Performs work of moderate difficulty and responsibility, requiring considerable professional, scientific or technical training and experience. Position requires a good aptitude for independent work.
Minimum Position Specifications:
Education and Experience:
A graduate of an accredited school of nursing and licensed in the State of North Carolina. One year of post-graduate experience as a professional nurse in a hospital/skilled nursing facility/or home care setting. Exposure/experience in home health of 2 years or more is required as of December 1st
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Physical effort involving above-average standing, sitting, walking, detail work and driving. Possible frequent exposure to hazards which could be harmful.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations, IntelliChoice’s policies and procedures, and accrediting agency requirements
- Assists with selection and orientation of home care branch clinical personnel and are responsible for hiring and evaluation of home care branch clinical personnel and collaborate with the Administrator on the selection of personnel.
- Participates in and ensures compliant completion of all personnel requirements; oversees completion of new hire requirements; ensures completion of annual policy and regulatory requirements.
- Manages and provides ongoing education, in-service training programs, and competency evaluations to provide excellence in patient care to all branch clinical personnel
- Collaborates with Administrator on acceptance of new patient referrals although ultimately has the clinical authority to accept or deny the referral on clinical ability to provide the requisite clinical services
- Provides oversight for all clinical care and for clinical activities to include intake process, service level determination, admissions, plan of care development, medical record oversight, patient supervisory and assessment visits and discharge process
- Manages and directs Clinical Supervisors in the clinical oversight of their patient caseloads to ensure optimal clinical outcomes for all patients
- Manages and directs patient care coordination
- Responsible for overseeing the tracking and monitoring of all clinical record keeping
- Responsible for agency Quality Improvement program to include the timely completion of quality assurance checks, quarterly reports, medical records reviews, client surveys, grievance logs, incident reports, infection logs, program evaluations and other reports and projects assigned
- Accountable for the attainment of assigned clinical metrics
- Responsible for development and execution of plans of correction resulting from clinical deficiencies
- Works with the Administrator to assure client and employee complaints and/ or grievances are addressed in a timely manner
- Consistently models the organization's philosophy and mission statement
- Partners with Administrator to build a cohesive team working toward a common goal of excellence in patient care
- Works with the Administrator to develop working relationships with clients, physicians, case managers and community members to facilitate home care referral process
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Serves as an active participant in planning overall development of the office operations
- Serves as liaison to the Professional Advisory Board
- Is oriented to duties of and assumes the Administrator role in absence of current Administrator.